Dashboard looks pretty cool.
I managed to get it up and running on Mandrake 9.1 by installing mono 0.26 and gtksharp 0.10 from source,
and then installing the latest
Ximian Evolution (so I could get libgtkhtml 3.0.2, which Dashboard
depends on). Once I had those pieces in place, these
instructions for getting dashboard up and running worked for me.
After reading the README that comes with Dashboard, I also installed sqlite and made sure I
had the the SQL Lite Data
Provider (it’s included with the mono-0.26 release, and you should
be able to find it in
/usr/local/lib/Mono.Data.SqliteClient.dll) sqlite is needed to create
the full-text index, which probably won’t be all that meaningful until
I’ve lived in this Linux installation a little bit longer, so I copied a
bunch of .txt files into ~/Documents and ran these commands (this
assumes the dashboard source lives in ~/src):
mkdir -p ~/.dashboard/backend-data/text-index/sources cd ~/src/dashboard/index make mono text-indexer.exe -i `find ~/Documents -iname "*.txt"`
Finally, I launched dashboard and ran this modified version
of the clue script as root, which sniffs all my Google queries (using ngrep) and hrefs
inside web documents and sends the data as clue packets to dashboard.